Causes of Rusting of Stainless Steel Screen Meshs and Treatment Methods
Aug. 11, 2020
The stainless steel screen mesh is a special existence that is different from the general mesh products. It has a strict series of mesh sizes. And there are network products that are recognized by industries, institutions, and standards that can classify and screen object particles. stainless steel screen meshes will also rust, so how to solve the problem of rusting of stainless steel screen meshes, and what is the reason for the rust of stainless steel screen mesh?
Reasons for stainless steel screen mesh rust:
1. The surface of stainless steel is stored with dust containing other metal elements or attachments of foreign metal particles. In humid air, the condensed water between the attachments and stainless steel connects the two into a micro battery, triggering electrochemistry In response, the protective film is damaged, which is called electrochemical corrosion.
2. The surface of stainless steel adheres to the organic juice (such as melon, vegetable, noodle soup, sputum, etc.), which forms organic acid in the presence of water and oxygen, and the organic acid will corrode the metal surface for a long time.
3. The surface of stainless steel adheres to acid, alkali, and salt substances (such as alkali water and lime water spraying on the decoration wall), causing local corrosion.
4. In polluted air (such as the atmosphere containing a large amount of sulfide, carbon oxide, and nitrogen oxide), when it encounters condensed water, it will form sulfuric acid, nitric acid, and acetic acid liquid spots, causing chemical corrosion.
Stainless steel screen mesh rust treatment method:
1. Frequently clean and scrub the surface of decorative stainless steel, remove attachments, and eliminate external factors that trigger the repair of stainless steel mesh decoration.
2. 316 raw material stainless steel should be used in coastal areas. 316 raw material can resist seawater corrosion.
3. The chemical composition of some stainless steel pipes on the market cannot meet the corresponding national standards and cannot meet the requirements of 304 raw materials. Therefore, it will also cause rust, which requires users to carefully choose products from reputable stainless steel wire mesh manufacturers.